OUH & EAL working on apps
OUH and EAL are already in the process of looking at the potential for apps in gynecology / obstetrics and rehabilitation that will provide value for patients and staff at the hospital. Provisionally they are working on 5 apps:
1) App for patients with gynecological cancer, which is built on a site created by a PhD student at the University Hospital.
2) App for prevention and management of obesity in pregnancy.
3) App for the promotion of smoking cessation for pregnant women.
4) App for rehabilitation and training for patients with spinal joints.
5) App for rehabilitation for patients who have been admitted to the cardiac medical or thoracic surgery department.
The 5 challenges have been described by clinicians to the students at EAL. The student will then work on ideas and prototypes for each challenge.